You do not need an appointment, just simply turn up with your documentation any Thursday between 8am-1pm.
What do you need to bring with you to register with the police for the first time?
To register with the police you are required to bring the following items:
- Your passport.
- Your Biometric Residence Permit (If issued).
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Registration fee of £34.00 CASH ONLY.
- If you are a student, you must bring your university/college offer letter with details of your studies or a student card.
- If an organisation or company is sponsoring your studies, you should bring a letter from the organisation to confirm this.
- If you are employed in the United Kingdom you must bring your work permit and details of your employers.
- Certificates are issued at the time of registration.
- Proof of address or accommodation letter with address
Where a foreign national needs to update any changes:
- New address.
- Any new landing conditions.
- Extensions to your visa granted by the Home Office.
- New passport.
- New study information or change to university/college.
- New employment.
- Change of marital status.
- Exemption from police registration.
- Change of nationality.
You can attend Hatfield police station, Comet Way, Hatfield, AL10 9SJ on Thursdays between 8am – 1pm. You will not be able to register or notify us of changes at any other station. You do not need an appointment, just simply turn up with your documentation any Thursday between 8am-1pm.
Please note - if you turn up at about 11am, you could be turned away due to being fully booked.
If you are late (after 1pm) there is a good chance that you will be turned away. You will not have to pay a fine and it won’t affect your visa if you registrar the following week.
Holidays/leaving the UK
Registration certificates should be kept with you on short holidays. They only expire when resident outside the UK for more than a year. When leaving the UK the certificate should be returned to one of the police stations with a date of departure.
Lost or stolen certificates will need to be replaced by attending Hatfield police station between the hours of 8am and 1pm Thursdays. Please note – if your certificate has been stolen you will need to report the theft by calling 101 prior to applying for your replacement and you will be required to provide your crime reference number on attendance.
If you attend on any other day, you will be asked to return on Thursday between 8am and 1pm.
If you attend after 11am on a Thursday, there is a possibility that you will be asked to return on the next Thursday due to excessive demand.
If you attend after 1pm on a Thursday, you will be asked to return on the next Thursday.
You will not be fined nor will your visa be refused if you are unable to register on the first Thursday after your entry into the UK: however you should register as soon as you are able to, on a Thursday.