Signs of drug usage can include:
• torn–up beer mats/cigarette packets/bits
of cardboard left on tables or in ashtrays.
• Roaches (home-made filter tips from
• Empty packets made of folded paper, card or foil
• Needles, syringes, swabs, spoons, candles, pieces of burned
tinfoil, filters removed from cigarettes, lemon juice or citric
- Traces of powder on flat hard surfaces
- Strong, sickly sweet, smoky smells, or an ammonia-like
- Blood or blood stained items
- Payment with tightly rolled banknotes or notes that have been
- Traces of blood or powder on banknotes
- Solvent paraphernalia e.g. aerosol cans, lighter refills.