Hertfordshire Foreign National Registration
With effect from 8th January 2015,
all Foreign National registrations and updates for Hertfordshire
County will only be dealt with at Hatfield Police Station, Comet
Way, Hatfield, AL10 9SJ on Thursdays between 9am – 1pm. You
will not be able to register or notify us of changes at any other
You do not need an appointment,
just simply turn up with your documentation any Thursday between
What do you need to bring with you
to register with the police for the first time?
To register with the police you are required to bring the
• Your passport.
• Your Biometric Residence Permit (If issued)
• Two recent passport size photographs.
• Registration fee of £34.00 CASH ONLY
• If you are a student, you must bring your university/college
offer letter with details of your studies or a student card.
• If an organisation or company is sponsoring your studies,
you should bring a letter from the organisation to confirm
• If you are employed in the United Kingdom you must bring
your work permit and details of your employers.
Certificates are issued at the time of registration.
• Proof of address or accommodation letter with address
Where a Foreign National needs to
update any changes:
• New address
• Any new landing conditions
• Extensions to your visa granted by the Home Office
• New passport
• New study information or change to university/college
• New employment
• Change of marital status
• Exemption from Police Registration
• Change of Nationality
They can attend Hatfield Police Station, Comet Way, Hatfield,
AL10 9SJ on Thursdays between 9am – 1pm. You will not be able
to register or notify us of changes at any other station. You
do not need an appointment, just simply turn up with your
documentation any Thursday between 9am-1pm.
Holidays/Leaving the UK
Registration certificates should be
kept with you on short holidays. They only expire when resident
outside the UK for more than a year. When leaving the UK the
certificate should be returned to one of the Police stations with a
date of departure.
Lost or stolen certificates will
need to be replaced by attending Hatfield Police Station between
the hours of 9am and 1pm Thursdays. Please note – if your
certificate has been stolen you will need to report the theft by
calling 101 prior to applying for your
replacement and you will be required to provide your crime
reference number on attendance.