Contact Us

Quick Links:
| Emergency Calls | Emergency Text Messaging | Non-Emergency Calls |
| Reporting Rape and Sexual Assault | Reporting Fraud
| Non-Urgent Enquiries and Feedback | Postal Address | FOI Requests |
| Force Communication Room Visits |
| Letter of Appreciation | Make a Complaint |

Emergency Calls

If you need the police to attend as quickly as possible, phone Telephone 999 and say that you want the police.


What is an emergency?

Call Telephone 999 if:


  • Someone is injured, being threatened or is in danger.
  • There is a risk of injury to someone or a risk of serious damage to property.
  • A crime is in progress or you suspect a crime is in progress.
  • There is a serious incident which needs immediate police attendance.
  • Someone suspected of a crime is nearby.

Emergency Text Messaging


Emergency Text Messaging is a service that enables people who are deaf or speech impaired to report emergencies to the police, fire and rescue, ambulance and coastguard by text message from their mobile phone.


You have to be registered to use this service.  To do so, follow these steps: -


* Simply text 'REGISTER' from your mobile phone to 999.


* You will receive a text message back to your mobile phone.  Text back the reply 'YES'.


* You will receive a confirmation text message in response to confirm you have registered to use the service.


For more information visit Web Link


For further information for those who are deaf or hard of hearing, please click here.

Non-Emergency Calls


You can phone Telephone 101 to make non-emergency calls or to report a crime that is not in progress to Hertfordshire Constabulary. Alternatively, you can call Telephone 01707 354000 for non-emergency calls.


Please note, we record all calls to and from the following units in the Professional Standards Department to prevent and detect crime and for training and monitoring purposes: -


  • Public Complaints Unit
  • Misconduct Unit
  • Administrative Unit

Those who are deaf or speech impaired can contact their local PLOD by clicking here or send a text message from a mobile phone to Telephone 07786 207091This number is only used in Hertfordshire.  PLEASE NOTE THAT AT THE PRESENT TIME, THIS NUMBER IS TEMPORARILY NOT WORKING.

Reporting Rape and Sexual Assault


If you would like to report a rape, you have two options. Firstly, you can contact the police directly on Telephone 999 (in an emergency) or on Telephone 101.


Alternatively, if you would prefer not to speak to the police, you can go for the self referral option. To do this, please click here.  This website gives contact details for the Sunflower Centre, where you can report sexual assault in confidence.

Reporting Fraud

Action Fraud

Fraud can come in many shapes and sizes and victims of fraud in Hertfordshire are asked to report it via Action Fraud – a national centre that provides a single point of contact for reporting and advice.

Victims also come in many shapes and sizes – including businesses as well as individuals – no matter who you are, if you’ve been a victim of fraud in the last 12 months:


Telephone 0300 123 2040


Telephone 0300 123 2050

Or go to:

Web Link

Remember, if a crime is happening to you or someone you know right now, or you believe someone may be in danger, always call Telephone 999.

Non-urgent enquiries and feedback


There are two ways to contact us with non-urgent enquiries or feedback.


You can:


Lost and Found items


Visit to search for lost items or report an item you have found.


Postal Address


For all correspondence, including post for officers or staff based at other Hertfordshire police stations.


Force postal address:
Hertfordshire Constabulary Headquarters
Stanborough Road
Welwyn Garden City

Freedom of information requests


If you want to make a Freedom of Information Act, please click here.

 Force Communication Room visits


If you’d like to visit the Force Communications Room, please click here.