Skip to content
Our new website

We are in the process of building a new website, which will be live in 2022. View our services currently available (opens in a new window).

Quick exit


If a burglary is currently happening, has just happened and the offenders are still in the area, please call 999 and the police will attend immediately.

If you return home to find that a burglary has taken place, you can report this to us online or you may call us on 101. We will attend your address as soon as possible to; 

  • take details, including any missing items
  • assess the scene for forensic opportunities
  • offer you support services
  • give advice about things you could do to make your home more secure, especially if there has been damage to windows or doors where they gained entry.

A crime report will be created and an investigating officer will be appointed to your case and you'll be given a crime reference number.

Investigating a burglary

The investigation will follow up on any lines of enquiry in an effort to identify the offender/s and bring them to justice. Your neighbours may be contacted to check for witnesses of the offence or sightings of suspicious activity in the area. We may also give home security advice to your neighbours.

We aim to provide you with updates as regularly as we can, in line with The Victims’ Code, when there are any new developments or information about your case or when a suspect is arrested or charged. Please remember that with any investigation, it can take time to gather information.

Burglary victim satisfaction survey

You may be contacted by telephone regarding our Burglary Victim Satisfaction Survey. We contact a sample number of burglary victims every month to get their views about the service they received and to ensure we have met their needs.

Our website uses cookies to improve your experience.