We advise all cyclists to security mark and register their bikes with Immobiliseso that if it’s ever stolen, you have a better chance of getting it back.
To prevent your chances of having your bike stolen, always;
- lock your bike regardless of where you are and how long you plan to leave it
- use two different locks to secure your bike as this makes it a lot harder to steal and thieves will need different tools to unfasten each lock
- lock your bike to cycle racks in busy, well-lit areas
- locks can be picked, so facing the lock to the ground prevents it from being turned upwards to access the lock
- lock both wheels and the frame to a bike stand and fill the lock with as much of the bike as possible, for better security
- take any items that can be removed with you, such as wheels, lights and pumps.