Policing for everyone
Objective 5 (Internal) - Workforce Satisfaction - The Constabulary aims to improve satisfaction levels of people with “Protected Characteristics” with regard to fair treatment, respect, dignity and equal opportunity.
1) What we need to do
Address issues raised in previous staff opinion surveys through joint working and engagement to improve satisfaction with members of staff from the Protected Characteristic Groups showing the lowest levels of satisfaction.
- Identify which people with Protected Characteristics have the lowest levels of satisfaction through staff surveying
- The issues and concerns raised by the Staff survey(s) are being practically addressed through the Corporate Health and Wellbeing Programme
- The issues and concerns raised by the Employee Engagement survey(s) are being practically addressed through the Corporate Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Establish a process to address the issues highlighted
Improvement of staff satisfaction as demonstrated by the results of the Staff Survey Improvement of staff satisfaction as demonstrated by the results of future Employee Engagement Surveys
2) What we need to do
Demonstrate a practical commitment to address those issues which have consistently been identified through the staff survey. This is being addressed through the Corporate Health and Wellbeing Programme.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and staff to encourage an open honest and inclusive culture.
- To maintain or improve upon our position in the top 100 in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index.
Our Staff survey(s) will demonstrate an increase in satisfaction with Visible Ethnic Minority staff and staff with disabilities able to work in an inclusive environment Our performance in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index Retention Statistics
3) What we need to do
The Constabulary aims to support the physical and mental wellbeing of all officers and staff by creating a culture that enables equal opportunity and respects diversity. Gap identified through staff surveys data and sickness records.
- Quality assurance of Fairness at Work cases relating to Equality & Inclusion Issues
- Quality assurance of Fairness at Work cases relating to Equality & Diversity Issues - by 2014
Increase in staff satisfaction as demonstrated in surveys Reduction in the number of Fairness at Work cases submitted relating to Equality & Inclusion issues.
What our outcomes will be
A workforce where morale levels are high as shown through staff surveys and where there is a reduction in the number of fairness at work issues raised which relate to officer and staff’s protected characteristics.
Improved retention of officers and staff with protected characteristics, especially those from a Visible Ethnic Minority background or people with a disability. There will also be better relations between staff with protected characteristics and staff without.
We will deliver this through the following plans / activities
The Staff Survey action plans Engagement with Staff Support Groups Corporate Health and Wellbeing Programme Equality and Inclusion Board Source of objective Previous staff survey results Staff Support Groups feedback Equality Act 2010 requirements Benchmarking against 2012 – 2016 Objectives