Hertfordshire Constabulary is committed to providing excellent customer service and this begins from the moment you call 999, or the non-emergency number - 101.
The FCR is based at Police Headquarters in Welwyn Garden City and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
Specialist trained call handlers deal with around 15,000 calls and 9,000 incidents each week.
The FCR aims to:
- Answer at least 90 per cent of emergency calls within 10 seconds.
- Answer 80 per cent of non-emergency calls within 30 seconds.
- Call handlers will dispatch officers if required and can also provide you with a crime number, if you have been a victim of a crime.
Hertfordshire Constabulary aims to:
- Record all reports of crime within 24 hours of being notified of the offence.
How officers are deployed to incidents
- If an incident requires assistance from the police, the FCR can dispatch officers to the scene.
- Trained radio operators will be in constant contact with officers on the ground to get the latest information and to ensure the incident is appropriately dealt with and, where necessary, deploy more resources.
How you can contact us