Through Hertfordshire’s Business Watch, local businesses work together with police and other partner agencies to reduce crime and help to keep them safe and secure.
Several thousand businesses and tradespeople have joined Business Watch in Hertfordshire. Members receive messages, alerts, appeals and crime prevention advice from their local policing team and from police business crime specialists by email or text via the secure, award winning OWL Online Watch Link system.
Messages include information about crimes currently impacting on local businesses, such as thefts, frauds, scams and cyber crimes, together with the latest advice about how to avoid your business being targeted by criminals.
Members are encouraged to share information and watch out for each other to help to keep their business, premises, property and neighbouring businesses safe and secure.
Membership of Business Watch in Hertfordshire is free of charge.
Aims of Hertfordshire’s Business Watch:
- Promoting a safe and crime free environment for businesses
- Creating links with local policing teams
- Bringing local businesses together to prevent and solve crime
- Raising awareness of local crime issues and how to tackle them
- Supporting businesses to combat fraud and cyber crime
- Encouraging the sharing of information
How do I join?
Visit: www.owl.co.uk/hertsand under “Finding Your Nearest Watch In Hertfordshire”, select “Business Watch” to register your details.
Alternatively, email us at email@example.com or call the police non-emergency number 101 and ask for the Watch Liaison Team.