With effect from 8th January 2015, all foreign national registrations and updates for Hertfordshire county will only be dealt with at Hatfield Police Station, Comet Way, Hatfield, AL10 9SJ on Thursdays between 9am – 1pm. You will not be able to register or notify us of changes at any other station.
You do not need an appointment, just simply turn up with your documentation any Thursday between 9am-1pm.
What do you need to bring with you to register with the police for the first time?
To register with the police you are required to bring the following items:
- Your passport.
- Your Biometric Residence Permit (If issued).
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Registration fee of £34.00 CASH ONLY.
- If you are a student, you must bring your university/college offer letter with details of your studies or a student card.
- If an organisation or company is sponsoring your studies, you should bring a letter from the organisation to confirm this.
- If you are employed in the United Kingdom you must bring your work permit and details of your employers.
- Certificates are issued at the time of registration.
- Proof of address or accommodation letter with address
Where a foreign national needs to update any changes:
- New address.
- Any new landing conditions.
- Extensions to your visa granted by the Home Office.
- New passport.
- New study information or change to university/college.
- New employment.
- Change of marital status.
- Exemption from police registration.
- Change of nationality.
They can attend Hatfield police station, Comet Way, Hatfield, AL10 9SJ on Thursdays between 9am – 1pm. You will not be able to register or notify us of changes at any other station. You do not need an appointment, just simply turn up with your documentation any Thursday between 9am-1pm.
Holidays/leaving the UK
Registration certificates should be kept with you on short holidays. They only expire when resident outside the UK for more than a year. When leaving the UK the certificate should be returned to one of the police stations with a date of departure.
Lost or stolen certificates will need to be replaced by attending Hatfield police station between the hours of 9am and 1pm Thursdays. Please note – if your certificate has been stolen you will need to report the theft by calling 101 prior to applying for your replacement and you will be required to provide your crime reference number on attendance.