Halloween can be a great and fun time, but for some people, it’s not an enjoyable day and they may get scared or frightened by other’s actions.
It is important to remember to be aware of your behaviour and to take the simple steps to remain safe.
- Police don’t want to spoil people’s fun – just make sure everyone stays safe and has an enjoyable time.
- Never go trick or treating, or collecting ‘pennies for the guy’, alone – always take an adult with you.
- Don’t knock on the doors of strangers, for your own safety always visit people you know.
- Keep your ‘tricks’ safe – any deliberate behaviour that results in damage to property or hurts someone is a crime.
- When you are out and about at night you should wear bright clothes and remember your road safety advice.
Download our Trick or Treaters welcome (pdf)
Download our No Trick or Treat (pdf)