Can anyone attend a course?
If you are eligible to attend an educational course, the offer will be made automatically. You also need to hold a valid driving licence which allows you to drive in the UK.
This includes international driving licence holders who have been living in the UK for less than a year, or an EU licence. Drivers with International Driving Permits are not eligible for the courses.
How will I know if I’m eligible to receive a course offer for my offence?
If you are eligible for an educational course, the offer will be automatically issued once the driver has admitted the offence and the response has been processed by the camera and ticket office. If a course is available to you it will be offered as the first option on your conditional offer. If you do not receive a course offer, it means that you are not eligible or there is no course option for that particular offence.
To be eligible for the course the STRICT criteria below must be met:
- The driver of the vehicle must be identified and have returned the completed Notice, confirming that they were the driver, in sufficient time to enable a course to be completed within four months of the date of the offence. Due to legal timescales, no offers of a course will be issued after this time.
- For speed offences, in accordance with guidelines, the recorded speed must be within the speeds for each limit as shown in the table:
Speed limits and course eligibilty
| Speed limit|| Speed to be eligible for a course|
||Up to 42 mph
||Up to 53 mph
||Up to 64 mph
||Up to 75 mph
||Up to 86 mph
- A driving licence number must be provided on the Notice
- You must not have completed a similar educational course within the last three years or have a similar course offer for a separate offence which you are yet to book or attend
- There were no further offences committed at the time of the alleged offence
Where are courses held?
Courses are held across the country. You will be provided with a list of venues, dates and times if you are offered a course. For further information about courses offered in Hertfordshire please visit Hertsdirect.org.
Our cameras tickets and collisions team can be contacted on web chatbetween the hours of 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday. To help us serve you better please have any reference numbers you may have to hand.