It helps to address policing priorities, increase confidence and reduce perceived barriers. It’s a volunteering opportunity for children aged 9 to 11 years to learn about community safety, in a fun way, giving young people a voice.
The eight week programme is conducted in primary schools, mainly with year five students. It is delivered by Safer Neighbourhood Team officers and PCSOs, cadet leaders, Children and Young Persons officers and volunteers.
The programme includes one visit a week that lasts about an hour in length. Sessions cover:
- About me
- ASB and environment lessons
- Bullying, road safety and internet safety lessons
- Interactive session, drill and equipment display
- Preparation for school assembly
- School assembly delivery
- Community project/ event
- Final rewards/ award ceremony
If you have any questions or are interested in taking part, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.