Because it’s a voluntary role, our police support volunteers don’t receive a salary, but you can be reimbursed for your car mileage costs (up to15 miles each way, unless previously agreed), parking costs and any other reasonable travel costs for the journeys to and from your home to your volunteering location.
Volunteering can benefit you in a whole host of different ways:
- Develop new skills, which can strengthen your CV.
- Enhance personal development and growth.
- Gain experience of working as part of a team in a professional workplace environment
- A chance to support us and make a valuable contribution to the safety and security of your own communities
We go to great lengths to recognise the valuable contribution our volunteers make to the Constabulary and ensuring that our volunteers feel valued is very important to us. That recognition can take many forms:
- Annual Citizens in Policing award ceremony.
- Long service recognition.
- National Volunteers’ Week.
- Volunteer of the Month award.