Skip to content Quick exit

Witness appeal following incident in Royston

7 Apr 2021
  • Police are appealing for witnesses following an incident in Royston.

  • The incident happened on Thursday 25 March at around 12.30pm.

  • It was reported that a man was verbally abusive towards the victim, a woman in her 20's.

Police are appealing for witnesses and information following an incident in Royston.

On Thursday 25 March, at around 12.30pm, the victim – a woman in her 20’s – was walking through the alleyway by Tesco Express in Fish Hill when a man tried to engage her in conversation.

She ignored him, and it was reported that the man then became verbally abusive towards her.

The victim then ran off in the direction of Boots on the High Street.

Detective Constable Sydnie Grace, who is investigating, said: “This incident happened in the middle of the day, in a busy area of Royston. We believe that there may be people who would have witnessed the altercation take place, or the events immediately after, that could assist with our enquiries.

“If you did witness the incident and have not yet spoken to police, please get in contact. Anyone with any information can contact me directly via email. Even something that may seem minor or insignificant could be key to progressing our investigation.”

You can contact DC Grace directly via email at

You can report information online, speak to an operator in our Force Communications Room via our online web chat or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/21596/21.

Alternatively, you can stay 100% anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form.

You can use our community voice platform ‘echo’ to let us know what you think we should be prioritising in your area. Your feedback will help towards shaping our local policing priorities, initiatives and campaigns. Tell us your thoughts (opens in new window).

  • A 48 year old man from North Hertfordshire has been arrested in connection with the incident. He has since been released on police bail whilst enquiries continue.

Our website uses cookies to improve your experience.